Accounting Clerk: Performs one or more routine accounting clerical operations, such as: examining, verifying and correcting accounting transactions to insure completeness and accuracy of data and proper identification of accounts, and checking that expenditures will not exceed obligations in specified accounts; totaling, balancing, and reconciling collection vouchers; posting data to transaction sheet and identifies proper accounts and items to be posted; and coding documents in accordance with a listing of accounts. Experience with data input into a variety of fiscal, procurement and function specific spreadsheets and data bases will be required.
· 6 months to 2 years professional accounting experience. Education may be substituted for professional experience.
· Professional experience in accounts payable and receivables preferred
· Must have analytical ability to interpret, apply various forms of data/information
· Detail orientated and ability to work independently without daily supervision on time sensitive programs/projects
· No prior illicit drug use (No Exceptions)
· Must have a positive civil history free of judgments or adverse civil actions initiated and/or ruled against you
· Must not have a criminal history
· Must have an excellent credit history
· Must have a positive employment history